August 15 ~ National Check The Chip Day
(Read more below)
Pet Calendar: National Check The Chip Day
- Make an appointment with your veterinarian for microchipping if your pet isn’t already microchipped (then make sure that your pet’s chip is immediately registered).
- Check your already-microchipped pet’s registration information in the microchip manufacturer’s database, and make sure it’s up-to-date.
How to update your pet’s microchip registration
- You’ll need the pet’s microchip number
- Log in and check that all information is accurate
- Register your pet’s microchip with its manufacturer and with the AAHA’s Universal Pet Microchip Lookup Tool. Many microchip registries are also linked to the AAHA Universal Pet Microchip Lookup Tool to make it easier to find a microchip’s registration.
Microchipping can help bring your pet home if he or she escapes whether on a road trip, on vacation or by slipping out of the door at your home.
Check out the rest of our August Pet Calendar and pet holidays here.
Don’t forget to plan ahead with our Annual Pet Calendar at a Glance here.